Thursday, June 13, 2013

my day-to-day makeup routine!


i've had a lot of people ask me recently what makeup products i use and i've actually been stopped in target twice to find out what kind of mascara i use. so... i thought it'd be fun to show off my pretty regular day-to-day makeup routine!

so, first things first, my fav products:


from left to right- garnier fructise bb cream, bare minerals powder in fairly light, ulta blush in afternoon delight, bare minerals eyelid primer, urban decay naked2 eyeshadows, lancĂ´me hypnose drama mascara in excessive black & nars lipstick in vesuvio.

on the days that i go for a really basic look (i.e. i may not even leave the house), i'll opt for just some bb cream and mascara. the bb cream has replaced my usual oil of olay moisturizer because it has a moisturizing component. but, most of the time, i try to stick to a few more products! my entire makeup routine takes prob 5-8 min depending on how many times little man interrupts me! :)


on the days that i have evening plans or am wanting to look a little more put together, i wear the above products. i don't always wear lipstick, but it's become much more usual here lately. love how it brightens up the face so quickly!!


i cannot reccomend the naked2 eyeshadow palette enough! the main colors i use are ydk for lid, busted for crease, half baked for inner eye & busted or blackout for lower liner. i have recently started using busted as my eyebrow color, too, and i prefer the look 100 times more than the pencil i was using!

being a stay-at-home mama, it's easy to get lazy with how i dress or do my hair. how do you look 'polished' day-to-day without spending a lot of time?

note: i have absolutely no formal training with makeup application and i would be the LAST person on earth to say that i know what i'm doing! i'm just a girl that likes to play around with makeup & happen to love professional products! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful, Misty! Come play with my make up and hair :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...