Wednesday, June 19, 2013

lock love wednesday!

hi friends!! today, i'm linking up with christy at tala hair life blog to bring you lock love wednesday! i can honestly say that i am purposefully not doing LLW every week because i know that's too much of a commitment! so, my goal is maybe once or twice a month! it is a fun little thing to do and keeps me from letting my hair be an afterthought!

like everyone, i'm really into braids right now. i went through a big phase a couple years ago where i braided the heck out of my bangs. like everyday. you know what I'm talking about?! bangs in a french braid and then the rest of the hair down, curled, pony tail, etc! lately, though, i'm liking putting the braid in other areas (like middle of head as opposed to right up front). it's more subtle, but still adds interest!

here i kinda twisted my bangs back and did a small french braid just behind my twisted bangs. i then pinned my hair half up to ensure good volume & stuck in a clear pony tail holder. got lots of compliments and it only took a couple more min than a regular pony!



my other go-to style these days is soft curls. i use my cheap conair curling iron! to get this look, i pin the top half up in a clip or something and then curl the bottom section (typically split the top and bottom in 4 sections each). super easy, but way prettier than my usual straight & boring look!



isn't it fun to be intentional about doing your hair? for me, it helps keep me out of the frumpy, stay-at-home mom rut!! 

1 comment:

  1. cute! you look gorgeous as always! Love myself a braid!xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...