Sunday, July 21, 2013

stuff can wait.

some days just don't go as planned. actually, make that most days. especially if you're a mama!



today, i had all sorts of ideas for how i wanted to spend the day... shopping at target (alone!), going to the gym, pedicure (or at least painting my nails), maybe the mall, maybe the pool, cleaning my house that got destroyed under daddy's watch yesterday (ugh)! BUT... as you can probably guess. that's not how my day has unfolded. in fact, it's quite the opposite. 

grant had a last minute project get dropped in his lap today, so immediately after church, he headed to his office. womp womp. so, i'm on mama duty all day. which means no target, no gym, no pedicure. 

we got home from church and i laid my non-paci baby down for his nap. he's been doing SO good with just putting himself  to sleep after i lay him down, so i wasn't expecting much different. after an hour of him just talking in there, i checked on him (thinking he had pooped or something). no poop... he was just havin a one man party in there. after i checked on him, he pretty much made up his mind that he wasn't taking a nap. cue my excitement. so, after getting him to sleep in my arms THREE different times and laying him down, he would immediately start crying when i walked out. after the 4th time of getting him to sleep, i decided to just forget my lofty plans for the day.

at the moment, we are having a great snuggle sesh on the couch and i am overwhelmed with how good god has been to me. i could not have dreamed of a more perfect child for us than holden! he's seriously my best friend and my heart is so full just holding him. sure, I've got stuff i could be doing... but stuff will be there tomorrow and stuff doesn't require their mama quite like my little love. 

take time today to thank god for his perfect gifts and for his hand that is over your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...