Sunday, August 18, 2013

things i'm loving: toddler edition!

i did this once before and thought it was a fun take on my typical 'things i'm lovin' posts! if there's one thing i know, it's that when a mom recommends something to me, i listen real close. not because i can't come up with my own fav things, but because if someone has already done the trial & error of things, why would i waste my time?? or if there is a better solution to something i'm currently doing, it'd be silly to not change my ways! anyways... here's my recent favs for my almost-2 year old!!

first things first, my absolute favorite thing is labels by inchbug! my dear friend, jen, is the one who opened my eyes to the wonderfulness that these labels are! they are plastic, dishwasher safe labels that you can put your child's name on. so, like all the times holden goes to mops, the church nursery or is with his cousin, there isn't any confusion which cup is his! brilliant, in my opinion. especially since mops and church used to use avery sticky labels and it always left nasty residue and was a pain to get off! no more, my friends!! check them out! definitely worth the money, in my opinion!


another staple right now in our home is dora. i was really torn when holden first started getting into it because i wasn't sure if the show was more geared towards girls or what not since the main character is a girl. however, i've since realized that a) that doesn't matter and b) it really isn't since there are several boys in the show, too! holden loves the music and has honestly learned a lot from it (different words and colors!)! fab in my book!


i hear lots of mixed reviews of video monitors. we have always had one (got it before holden was born, thanks to my wonderful parents), so we don't know any different, but we love love love ours! it has given peace of mind in the early months where i just needed to see what he was doing and gave insight in the later months if i really need to go in his room or if he was fine. i'm a big fan of our summer video monitor and fully plan on buying an add'l camera when baby t 2.0 comes along! it's caused lots of laughs, too, being able to see what he's doing in there when he's making all sorts of ruckus!

the last thing i love is aquaphor. someone recommended this when holden was really little and we honestly haven't used anything else. this is my go-to for diaper rashes! i also use it on holden's eczema if he has a flair up and it totally helps w that, too. honestly, it's cheaper than all the diaper rash creams and is all purpose! def a good thing to have on hand!


hope you find a few of these helpful!!! loving toddlerhood over here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...