Thursday, April 4, 2013

the best monster cookies!

i am sure that man cannot survive on monster cookies and monster cookies alone, however, this week i have totally put that to the test. with being sick and NOTHING sounding good, the monster cookies i made for easter have been my go-to. hey, at least they have oatmeal in them! and protein... err peanut butter! whatever! there's a million monster cookie recipes out there, but this my fav that i've found! just throw everything in the mixer and go!



here's what you'll need:

-3 eggs
-1 1/4 cup white sugar
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract (*see note below)
-1 12oz jar creamy peanut butter
-1 stick butter (softened)
-1 cup m&m's
-1 cup choc chips
-2 tsp baking soda
-4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)


Directions:

1. preheat your oven to 350 degrees. line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. in large mixing bowl, cream the eggs & sugars. add salt, vanilla, peanut butter & butter. mix well.
3. add in m&m's, choc chips, baking soda & oatmeal.
4. using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the dough and drop on the cookie sheet. push down on the dough with the measuring cup to flatten it. note: i only put 8 cookies on each sheet to allow room for them to expand.
5. bake 8-10 min. check at 8 because they bake quickly!!
6. let stand on cookie sheet for 3-4 min before transferring to wire cooling racks.

note: i realized that i hadn't stocked my pantry with vanilla AS MY EGGS & SUGAR WERE MIXING!!! i quickly googled substitutions for vanilla and i found that you can use maple syrup in the same amount as the recipe calls for. so... i used 1/2 tsp of syrup and i couldn't tell the difference! life saver!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, these look absolutely delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe!

    I just stumbled upon your blog, and I love it! I'm your newest follower, and I would love for you to follow me, too! :) leslyni.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. les! I promise you won't be disappointed if you try them!! thanks for checking out my blog! how'd you find me?? :) I'll def check out your blog! thanks for saying hi!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...