Monday, April 15, 2013

a perfect spring sunday!

spring is here, my friends!!! we had an absolutely gorgeous sunday here in indiana & all I can think about is how incredibly blessed I am to call the midwest home again! florida was never my cup of tea with the humidity and endless sun.

yesterday was full of bliss. started the day with the best way a sunday can start: church! we feel very blessed to have gotten plugged in with our local church. there is just something about coming together with other believers! rejuvenating! I didn't get to go into service today cause it was my week to man the front desk for our nursery! I hate missing a week of church, so thankfully I got to watch service on the monitor at the desk!

after church, we went to our local fab Mexican place! it's right next to the church, the servers love holden (and have even held him before!) and it's a relaxed atmosphere which is ideal for a post-church-need-a-nap toddler situation!!

after holden snoozed, we went to the park with his cousin, roslyn! we also invited grant's gma & gpa! such good memories! of course the park was packed cause it was gorg weather!







grant's sister, gretchen, is due with our sweet nephew TOMORROW! we are all so ready to meet that lil guy and are officially on call!!! eeeek!


grant's grandparents are so sweet! they live around the block from the park, so we called them up and they came over to watch the kiddos play! they LOVE that holden will just let them hold him and grandpa always comments on holden's dimples! so sweet!

after the park, we hit up a local fav, dog n suds. this place is talked up a little, but I sure do miss eating outside in fl, so it was a nice treat. all they serve are burgers & hotdogs! and it's pretty cheap, too.




we ended the day at another local fav, pink walrus! holden was past the point of no return towards the end of dessert, so we headed home & he crashed! ptl for weekends, family & the midwest! cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I love days like that!! So sweet of you to invite grandma and pa I know it means so much to them! Hopefully baby Archie makes his appearance today!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...