Friday, April 12, 2013

perfect sock bun!

my hair on any given day is ridiculously boring. i blow dry and straighten just about everyday. it's plain jane & boring.

well, as i was standing in a long checkout line at h&m last week, i saw (for probably the 10th time or so) the sock bun hairpiece. my hair is thin and I can literally hold ALL of my hair up with ONE bobby pin. it's insane. so, I haven't ever gotten creative and tried the sock bun knowing that it would look ridic. i must've been feeling adventurous cause i threw this tool in my bag and decided to give it a try. and what a great $4 spent it has proven to be!


I'm still figuring it out, but I have just pulled my hair up into a pony tail and slipped it through the, err... donut hole? :) then i split the ponytail in two halves- a top and bottom half. then I just kinda fanned out the hair and wrapped it around the donut. since I don't have a lot of hair, I could still just just one bobby pin, but I will probably use a few if I am going out for a girls night or a wedding where I might be dancing or something.

it's such a good, easy tool and was well worth the $4!!! my one thing with the sock bun look is that it's usually way more formal of a look than I prefer, but I totally plan to rock it for church in the next couple weeks!!






isn't it fun?? definitely jazzes up plain jane hair like mine!!


1 comment:

  1. i need this sock bun! I love how it is nude colored. love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...