Thursday, May 16, 2013

my go-to choc chip cookies!

in honor of yesterday being nat'l choc chip cookie day, i thought I'd share my go-to all time fav recipe! anytime i take these to a party, someone alllllways asks for the recipe. i think that makes it a keeper! :)


pinterest has been very hit or miss for me when it comes to recipes. like i've said before, i don't claim to be good in the kitchen. i'm not saying it's always the recipe's fault... but they don't always work out for me. it's pretty depressing, actually. and just when i was about to give up on pinterest recipes altogether, i found THE best chocolate chip cookie recipe. better than any other choc chip cookies i've ever made. so, without further ado...


BEST choc chip cookies

3/4 cup salted butter, soft
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp corn starch
1 tsp baking sofa 
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet choc chips

directions:
1. preheat oven to 350. 
2. cream butter & sugars w mixer. 
3. add in egg and vanilla. 
4. mix in flour one cup at a time. 
5. add in corn starch, baking soda & salt. mix well. 
6. stir or mix in choc chips. 
7. spoon dough onto a cooking sheet. i fit about 12 on each pan. 
8. bake 8-10 min until golden on top. do NOT bake more than 10 min. (trust me!)

y'all will thank me for this recipe later! these babies are fluffy, soft, chewy deliciousness!

4 comments:

  1. How did I not know you were blogging again? I just found my old blog and read through it..including all the comments you left! I have been thinking of starting up again…you may have inspired me to do that! :)

    BTW, definitely have to try those cookies! I thought my recipe was pretty good so I will have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. elizabeth! you should TOTALLY get back on the blogging train!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't I introduce you to these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gin, I'm not sure it's the exact same recipe as yours or not (have we ever compared?)?? I think we talked about you baking cookies w a recipe that uses corn starch and then I pinned this one. who knows??

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...