Thursday, February 14, 2013

easy apple dumplings

y'all. my mother-in-law introduced me to this recipe and i feel compelled to share because it's too good to keep to myself! these are the easiest apple dumplings you will ever find!


-crescent apple dumplings-

2 packages crescent rolls (16)
2 granny smith apples (16 wedges, peeled)
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup apple juice
1 stick of butter

unroll & separate crescents. place 1 apple wedge on each roll & roll up. place in 9 x 13 pan. in saucepan, heat brown sugar, apple juice & butter until disolved. pour over apples & sprinkle with cinnamon. bake 30 min @ 350 degrees.

easy peasy. just make sure you have some delish vanilla ice cream on hand to top the dumpling with. you can thank me later! ps- we halve the recipe.

3 comments:

  1. I'm making this on Monday for Mops, do you think it will be a good breakfast thing or no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're kinda sweet, so we usually eat them w ice cream. not sure if they'd be too sweet for breakfast or not!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made them and they were a hit! My mistake was that I made them the morning of mops so that they would be warm and fresh. While they do taste good warm I liked them better cooled off. I will make these more often for sure! Someone told me they used Mountain Dew instead of apple juice...interesting..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...