Saturday, February 23, 2013

crazytown.

I can't think of a better title for this post right now. I am living in crazytown right now. we are alllllmost done with our complete home renovation, so I have been a packing psycho and cleaning freak this past week (hence no blog posts). thankfully, I have a fab mother-in-law who has kept holden pretty much every day so I could get er done. countless trips to menards, lots of gagging (yucky cabinets & bathrooms), more dust than I can handle & two tired legs. I feel like I've been going nonstop, but that's always how it goes in the end, right?

so, our plan was to move in today, but we have a big bridal expo tomorrow on campus and there's still a few things to do. the new plan is monday! is this real? am I really moving? I have such bittersweet feelings about moving out of my in-laws' house. we all agree that we need our own houses and it'd be weird if we lived with them, but I just love my in-laws so much!! I will most definitely miss having coffee in the mornings with bonnie. and not to mention free babysitting at the drop of a hat.

this past year (well, 14 months...) that we've lived with them has been a roller coaster and I have looked forward to digging out all of our stuff stashed away in storage, but I couldn't have dreamed of a better transition to living in indiana. marrying into a good family wasn't ever on my radar when we got married (hello, immature 20 year old bride!!!), but what a blessing it has been!!

moving out on our own will start a new chapter that I've dreamed about for quite some time and I'm excited for our future. through this entire journey, I can 100% look back and say 'god has been faithful'...5 and what a relief that he will continue to be faithful!

oh, and grant goes monday to sign a lease for an office here in town! just another way god has orchestrated everything for our good... cause lord knows I'd lose my mind if he worked from home!!!

look forward to posting before and after pics, but that might not happen for a bit! still have lots to do!!! eeek! off to clean I go...

1 comment:

  1. I am so looking forward to reading your future posts Misty!! We MUST get together since we are living so close!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...