Tuesday, March 26, 2013

things i'm lovin: episode one!

i love trying new things. new nail polish, new hair product, new starbucks drinks, etc. so, i thought it'd be fun to share a few of my latest favs!

first up, the voice. i watched last season and was kinda into it, kinda not. this season, cee lo and christina are taking a break, so shakira and usher took their places. i could give or take shakira, but usher adds such a fun vibe to the show and he's obviously been successful with his own career, too. grant and i watched the premier last night and were laughing out loud through much of it! good stuff!


second, it is no secret that i am ob.sessed with nail polish. it used to be unheard of that i wouldn't have fresh nails, however, my sweet lil holden buddy makes that routine a lil tricky. wet nails + one year old = disaster! :) two of my favs right now are essie's off the shoulder & e-nuf is e-nuf!

*e-nuf is e-nuf*
*off the shoulder*

if you haven't heard, BB creams are all. the. rage. right now. i was a little skeptical because i am a lazy makeup person and didn't want to add one more thing to the routine. however, i had a coupon for this and thought i'd give it a try and it really is great! for me, i have fairly clear skin, but since having holden, my skin tone is often uneven or blotchy. i'm a bare essentuals girl through & through for foundation, but the bb cream gives a nice base before my powder. i've only been using this for a couple days, so i may be able to cut out the powder altogether. we shall see...


lastly, with spring right around the corner, i am all about freshness in the home. i want fresh colors, fresh flowers and fresh scents. i have a couple of the bath & body works plug-ins throughout our home and i just picked up a few of the caribbean escape oil pods. for me, it's a great spring, fruity scent without being too fruity. 


are y'all lovin anything for spring?? i'm always up for trying new things (except food... but we won't talk about that! eek)! 




2 comments:

  1. I have been using the Urban Decay BB cream, I don't use it everyday bc it's stupid expensive but I like it. I just got the urban decay mascara too and I LOVE it! Hmmm trying to think of other new things I got and love. I just got a water pik.. I have only used it once so far and sprayed myself several times in the face lol but it seems good. I'm dying to get the urban decay Naked eye shadow pallet but it's wicked expensive too. I'm ready to start getting fun outside toys for the kids now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tessa! you HAVE to bite the $50 bullet and buy the naked eyeshadows! seriously! I used to just use revlon or whatever and didn't see the point in spending big $$ on that, but now that I have, I think it'll be hard to go back!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...