Thursday, March 28, 2013

the dreaded hair rut.

we've all been there. trying to grow our hair out, you get sick of growing your hair out, you contemplate cutting it, resist the urge, finally hair is grown out and then you're sick of it. that's where I'm at. I've been growing my hair out for well over 2 years. it's still not long long, but it's longish. only problem is I've got really thin hair and long hair isn't really the best style for me. totally lame since I love curling my hair or throwing it up in a pony or messy bun. yes... you can still do that with, say, shoulder length hair, but then you have to worry about the whole 'hair hits shoulders and flips out' ordeal. and lord knows ain't nobody got time for that! ha

so... i had a hair appt scheduled for this week and rescheduled it because the time no longer worked, BUT... I was secretly so unsure what I wanted to do and needed more time to think about it.

do I chop it off and rock a summer bob?
do I get a good, hefty trim and go crazy w the highlights?
do I bring back some sort of bangs (even though I've been growing those babies out, too)?

so many options. I've been perusing my trusty pinterest for some inspiration and ideas. there's one thing that's for certain... I'm over ombré like I'm over my baby not sleeping through the night. I have never understood the appeal of coloring your hair to make it look like you can't afford to color your hair. I digress...

here's some cuts/colors that have caught my eye:

I'm always a big fan of reese's hair. I feel like this could totally work w my grown out bangs. I would probably keep a little more length, but not a ton.


this is a fun way to spice up color without getting too crazy. obviously, my hair isn't near as dark as this girls, but it'd be fun to do a little brighter of a blonde just in the front!


i pinned this just a couple days ago because i love just having all one length and the whispy long bangs. i don't foresee ever getting straight across bangs again because my face is a little too... err... round. haha. i think she totally rocks them, though!


anybody out there have feedback??? i go in a couple weeks, so i've got some time to decide, but i know i'll put it off til the last minute. here's to hoping i surprise my procrastinating self!

5 comments:

  1. I wish so badly I would've let my hair grow out longer. My hair is thick, so I could've done it. It also took me two years to grow it out. But once I had Bradli I thought I'd never again have a moment to myself to do my hair... I was wrong, and now I want my long hair back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. carrie, I SO remember the thought of never thinking if have time for even mascara again and then when I finally did, it changed my life. I will never take simple things like that for granted again!!! I'm obviously jealous of your hair thickness and, well, the fact that you can pull off any hairstyle!!! no fair!! maybe I'll be bold enough to chop it off one of these days...

      Delete
  2. First of all I love your hair as is! But I totally understand having thin hair and when it's long not looking good but yours looked thick to me. I like the Reese picture. I could see that hair on you. I'm trying to figure out what to so with my hair too... No hair looks really good on me.. I want wigs! Secondly, I like the ain't nobody got time for that comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a select few hair products that help volumize my hair and give me great lift, but it's still thin no matter how much I doctor it up! I would not judge you AT ALL if you got a wig!!! hahaha! I used to have clipin extensions (which I loved btw), so it's kinda the same thing!

      Delete
  3. mist. brighten that beast up. lots of foils. face framing layers. no bangs. then if you still have the itch in aug/sept. Should length bob it up with the lots of dimension. just sayin. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...